You can use the monitor interface or the web user interface (web UI) to connect and/or reconnect Wave to a network. Select one of the following options to get Wave online.
Wave supports two wireless (Wi-Fi) modes; Access Point (AP) Mode (for bonding multiple cellular devices for increased bandwidth) and Client Mode (for normal Wi-Fi operating and connecting to your local router).
1. Tap the gear icon or swipe right on the display to enter the System Settings menu.
2. Tap Wireless, then select a WiFi mode from the dropdown menu:
a. Access Point (AP) Mode - AP Mode is automatically enabled by default. Connect your
computer to Wave’s AP network Wave-XXXXX (XXXXX: serial number of the device), then
enter the IP address 172.16.1.1.
b. Client Mode - Select Client Mode (Fig. 4-3), then choose a network from the Available
Networks list and enter your credentials.
3. Once connected, the display will list the network Wave is connected to in the Connected to field, along with the IP address.
4. To access the Web UI, enter the corresponding IP address in our web browser’s navigation bar.
1. Plug an Ethernet cable from Wave’s Ethernet port to an Ethernet switch or router.
2. To confirm Wave is connected, tap the gear icon or swipe right on the display to enter the System Settings menu, then tap Wired to verify that Ethernet is set to DHCP and to reveal Wave’s IP address.
3. To access the Web UI, enter the corresponding IP address in our web browser’s navigation bar.
1. Insert a USB modem into one or both USB slots located on the top and bottom of Wave.
2. To confirm the USB modem is auto-detected, tap the gear icon or swipe right on the display to enter the System Settings menu and select Modem. A green dot next to the name of the modem will indicate it’s automatically configured and connected
If the modem is not detected, tap the gear icon to enter the APN, pin, authentication mode, username, and password provided by your carrier.
NOTE: Depending on your carrier and type of device, some modems may not be automatically detected by Wave. Check with your carrier to see if you need to provide additional information to configure your modem.
3. To access the web UI, connect your computer to Wave’s AP network, then enter the corresponding IP address in the navigation bar.