Prism 1RU/2RU allows you to connect to a network using an Ethernet connection, while Prism Flex can connect to a network using Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or a USB modem. Use the front panel interface or the web user interface (web UI) to connect Prism to a network.
- Connect one or both of Prism’s 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports to a network switch or router using an Ethernet cable.
PRISM 1RU/2RU: Press ▼ on the card’s menu joystick to display Prism’s IP address on the front panel.
PRISM FLEX: Press the menu button to navigate to the Ethernet 1 or 2 screen and obtain the IP address.
- Enter the IP address in your web browser’s navigation bar to access the web UI.
Prism Flex supports two wireless (Wi-Fi) modes; Access Point (AP) Mode (for bonding multiple cellular devices for increased bandwidth) and Client Mode (for normal Wi-Fi operating and connecting to your local router).
- Connect your phone or laptop to Prism Flex’s AP network, Prism-855-XXXXX (XXXXX represents the last five digits of Prism’s serial number).
- Enter the default IP address 172.16.1.1 in your web browser to access the web UI.
- To switch to Client Mode: From the front panel, press the menu button to navigate to the Wi-Fi status screen. From the web UI, navigate to the Network Settings and select WiFi.
- Select Client as the WiFi Mode.
- Click the WiFi scan tab, select an available network, then enter the password. Once connected, the display will list the network Prism Flex is connected to.
- Connect your phone or laptop to Prism Mobile’s AP network, Prism-857-XXXXX (XXXXX represents the last five digits of your Prism Mobile’s serial number), then enter the default IP address 172.16.1.1 in your web browser.
- To switch to Client Mode, press the menu button to navigate to the Wi-Fi status screen.
- Press the menu joystick twice in the direction indicated, then press and hold the menu joystick to switch to Client Mode.
- Press and hold the menu joystick in the direction indicated to scan for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select an available network, then enter the password. Once connected, the display will list the network and corresponding IP address.
- Attach a Node II or USB modem to one or both to Prism’s USB-C ports using a 4-pin to USB-C connector cable, and/or a USB to USB-C adapter. The front panel will indicate that the modem has been detected and connected to the carrier.
- If the modem is not detected, connect your computer to Prism Flex’s AP network (see WIFI Network instructions above), then enter the default IP address 172.16.1.1 in the navigation bar to access the web UI and configure the modem from the Network menu.
Prism Mobile is equipped with two internal modems (A and B). Each modem supports two SIM cards (A1/A2, B1/B2). To use both modems together, insert a SIM card into one or both modems' SIM slots.
- Insert a SIM card (two per internal Node II) into one of the Prism Mobile SIM card slots. Additionally, you can connect an external modem to either Prism Mobile USB port (G) using a 5-pin to USB connector cable. The front panel will indicate that the SIM card and modem(s) have been detected and connected to the carrier.
- If the SIM card is not detected, connect your computer to Prism’s AP network (see WIRELESS NETWORK), then enter the default IP address 172.16.1.1 in the navigation bar to access the web UI and configure the internal modem from the Network menu.
1. From thew web UI, navigate to the Network menu and select the corresponding Modem.
2. Select the slot with the SIM you will be using (Slot 1 or Slot 2). NOTE: Most carriers' SIMs will auto-connect, requiring no additional configuration. Additional configuration is only required when you need to enter an APN, PIN, or authentication type.
Node II supports most provider's SIM cards and can operate on most LTE/4G/3G data bands. With dual SIM slots, you can swap from one provider to another without needing to unplug the Node II. Only one SIM card can be used at a time.
3. If using Telna SIM cards: Enter altanwifi (for Telna SIM cards intended for use in the United States) or internet (for Telna SIM cards intended for use in Europe) into the selected slot's APN field (Slot 1 or 2). Ensure that the Authentication method is set to Auto.
If using Teradek Data SIM cards: Click the Teradek Data checkbox, then select either Native or Multi-Carrier. For Multi-Carrier, select one of the available networks.