Prism 4K and Prism HD + are Teradek’s premium encoder and decoder systems for broadcast, live production, and Pro AV applications. With room for up to nine codec cards in a 2U chassis (up to three codec cards in 1U chassis), Prism can encode or decode up to 4Kp60 video (1080p60 video for Prism HD+) with stunning 10-bit 4:2:2 image fidelity. Prism supports many common streaming protocols such as MPEG-TS, RTP, RTMPS, and SRT.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
RACK SYSTEM 2RU
RACK SYSTEM 1RU
DUAL GIGABIT ETHERNET PORTS
Prism features two independent Ethernet ports (Wired 1, Wired 2). These two Ethernet ports connect to an internal switch inside the chassis (one per Ethernet port), allowing an encoder/decoder card to have two addressable ports as well as two different networks. For example, one port can connect to an internal network for configuration while the other port can connect to a separate network for streaming.
Internet routing is configured automatically, so either port can be used to stream out over a WAN. If both connections have Internet access, the Wired 2 interface takes priority over Wired 1. Both interfaces can be configured for DHCP or static addresses independently of one another.
NOTE: Only use one Ethernet port at a time.
- 1x Prism Base Rack System (1RU or 2RU)
- 1x 12G-SDI BNC to BNC - 18in Cable
PRISM ENCODER/DECODER CARDS
- 1x Prism (4K or HD+) Encoder or Decoder Card
- 1x Audio/Video Backplate
POWER AND CONNECT
1. Connect SD/HD-SDI video sources to the BNC inputs that correspond to the installed encoder or decoder cards.
2. Connect SD/HD-SDI outputs via BNC cable to your monitor/switcher/router.
3. Connect one or both of Prism’s 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports to a network switch or router using an Ethernet cable.
4. Connect power to Prism using the included IEC cable. Connect a second cable if your device includes a supplemental power supply (optional).
5. Press the Power button (B) to turn on the unit.
6. Using the menu joystick, navigate to the Network Settings menu on the front panel. Select a Wired interface, then verify that the IP Mode is set to DHCP. Once Prism is connected to a network, the front panel will display the current assigned or configured IP address for both Ethernet ports.
FRONT PANEL OPERATION
Use the Menu joystick to navigate the front panel interface, and the Reboot button to restart Prism.
1. MENU JOYSTICK:
- Press up, down - Cycle through status screens, navigate menus
- Press back - Return to the previous menu
- Press forward or in - Open selected menu
2. REBOOT BUTTON: Restart the encoder/decoder
Use the front panel interface or the web UI to configure Prism encoders and decoders.
Connect via Ethernet
1. Using the menu joystick, navigate to the Network Settings menu on the front panel. Select a Wired interface, then verify that the IP Mode is set to DHCP.
2. Once Prism is connected to a network, the front panel will display the current assigned or configured IP address for both Ethernet ports.
DHCP mode is the default setting. In DHCP mode, Prism cards will request an IP address and all other network configurations from the network’s server. The IP address can be found by pressing the menu joystick until it’s displayed on the front panel. When set to Static mode, you will need to manually configure the IP address and all other network configurations from either the front panel
or the Prism web UI.
Access the Web UI
After connecting Prism to a network, you can access the web UI and configure stream destinations, encoder parameters, and other settings.
1. Press down on the cards’ menu joystick (C) to display Prism’s IP address on the front panel.
2. Enter the IP address in your web browser’s navigation bar, then enter the default login information.
3. Enter the default password ”admin.”
Configure your Prism decoder to receive streams from a Prism encoder.
NOTE: Prism has several streaming modes available such as SRT, RTMP, YouTube, and Facebook Live. The following instructions describe how to configure your decoder/encoder using MPEG-TS mode as an example.
1. Connect to the Prism encoder (see previous section) and open the encoder’s web UI.
2. Open the Streaming menu, then select MPEG-TS as the streaming mode.
3. Select a protocol, then ensure the Prism decoder is configured to receive the stream using the correct protocol:
- TCP → TCP
- TCP Server → TCP Pull
- UDP → UDP
- Multicast → Multicast
4. Enter the destination IP address, then confirm the port is set as the default 9710.
5. Connect to the Prism decoder (see previous section) and open the decoder’s web UI.
6. Open the Ingest menu, then select MPEG-TS as the ingest mode.
7. Enter the protocol, ensuring the selected protocol matches the Encoder’s protocol configuration (see step 3). Confirm the port is set as the default 9710.
The Prism App allows you to remotely configure all of Prism’s settings while monitoring your stream’s destination, bitrate, bonding status, and resolution to ensure you maintain a stable stream. The Prism App is available for iOS devices.
• Main Screen - Displays the preview, streaming destination, audio and video bitrates, and resolution of your livestream.
• Link/Unlink iOS Device - Tap the Link/Unlink iOS tab to enable/disable the use of your cellular phone’s data as an Internet connection.
Tap the Stats button at the top of the screen to display Prism’s serial number, current audio and video bitrates, runtime, recording status, IP address, and network.
Tap the Settings button to configure the following options:
• Streaming - Configure your streaming method and destination
• Recording - Enable recording and select a media storage option
• Audio/Video - Adjust the Video and Audio input settings
• Network - Choose a method of connecting to the Internet
• System - View the model and serial number of your device, or rename the Prism.
Prism can be remotely accessed, configured, and controlled using Teradek’s Core Cloud management and routing service. With Core, you can:
• Bond multiple Internet connections, increasing your broadcast’s bandwidth and reliability.
• Remotely control Teradek encoders, decoders and bonded systems from anywhere in the world.
• Stream to multiple destinations.
Visit https://corecloud.tv to learn more.
CONNECT PRISM TO CORE
1. From the web UI, select Cloud Services then click the Link this Device tab.
2. Log in to Core: Enter your credentials to link Prism to your Core account, then click Next.
Link with Code: Copy the authorization code generated for your Prism, then follow the instructions provided.
3. Once a connection is established, you can configure Prism from either the Prism UI or Core dashboard.
- USER GUIDE ARTICLES: https://guide.teradek.com/m/109577
- PRISM QUICK START GUIDE PDF: https://teradek.com/pages/downloads#prism
- PRISM REFERENCE GUIDE PDF: https://teradek.com/pages/downloads#prism