Supercharge your Prism Mobile with the Prism Mobile Backpack, our latest accessory that packs up to 4 additional high-performance Node 5G modems for unbeatable cellular connectivity in the field. That means you can stream over 6 cellular connections simultaneously for the ultimate on-the-go streaming experience.
- 1x Prism Mobile Encoder
- 4x Node 5G Q 5G/LTE - Quectel Assembly
- 1x PSU D-Type Charger with D Tap Cable for V and Gold Mount Battery
- 12x Small SMA Antennas (Male)
- 12x Large 5G Dipole SMA Antennas (Male)
- 4x High-performance SMA Antennas (Male)
- 1x SIM Card Holder
- 2x Teradek Data eSIM Card
- Place each Node inside its corresponding compartment (if applicable) and connect it using the 5-pin USB connector.
- Attach the Prism Mobile to the bonding module.
- Connect the 5-pin USB cable from the red port on the module to the yellow 5-pin USB port on the Prism Mobile.
- Turn your video source on, then connect the HDMI or SDI video input to Prism Mobile’s input connector (J).
- Attach four antennas to the SMA connectors (C). NOTE: Prism Mobile only uses SMA antennas. Standard Wi-Fi (RP-SMA) antennas are not compatible with Prism Mobile.
- Attach a compatible battery (Gold or V mount) to the Prism Mobile.
- Turn the Power switch (L) to the ON position.
- Insert a SIM card (two per Node II) into one of the two Prism Mobile SIM card slots. NOTE: Prism Mobile is equipped with two internal modems (A and B). Each modem supports two SIM cards (A1/A2, B1/B2). To use both modems together, insert a SIM card into each modem’s SIM slots. (A1 + B1).
- If the SIM card is not detected, connect your computer to Prism's AP network (see Connect to a Network), then enter the default IP address 172.16.1.1 in the navigation bar to access the web UI and configure the internal modem from the Network menu.
MENU BUTTON OPERATION (A)
Use Prism Mobile’s Menu button to navigate the status screens.
Press Button: Cycle through the status screens
NAVIGATION JOYSTICK OPERATION (C) Use the Navigation Joystick to cycle back and forth through the status screens and/or switch your configurable settings.
Press Up or Down: Cycle through status screens and navigate menus
Press Forward: Edit Prism Mobile's configurable settings
- Main screen - Displays the current stream settings and resolution
- WiFi screen - Displays the current WiFi network and allows you to switch from AP to Client mode
- Ethernet screens (1 and 2) - Displays the current WiFi network and allows you to switch from DHCP to Static mode
- Modem screens (A and B) - Displays the carrier name and allows you to switch SIM cards
- Firmware version: Displays the device name and firmware version. Hold to perform a factory reset.
- Recording screen: Hold to enable or disable the recording function
- Video/Encoder status screen: Displays the video input, encoder mode, and current resolution. Hold to switch the encoder mode
- Bitrate screen: Displays the current bitrate. Press to edit the bitrate settings
- Stream mode screen - Go Live/Begin Streaming
- Audio Input screen - Displays the current Audio bitrate. Press to switch from Embedded, analog, or Mixed
Prism Mobile supports two wireless (Wi-Fi) modes: Access Point (AP) Mode (default mode for bonding multiple cellular devices for increased bandwidth, and connecting directly to Prism Mobile) and Client Mode (for normal Wi-Fi operating and connecting to your local router). Use the front panel's menu button and navigation joystick to switch to either Wi-Fi mode or a different network.
- Press the menu button to navigate to the Wi-Fi status screen and switch to Client Mode.
- Press the menu joystick twice in the direction indicated, then press and hold the menu joystick to switch to Client Mode.
- Press and hold the menu joystick in the direction indicated to scan for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select an available network, then enter the password. Once connected, the display will list the network and corresponding IP address.
- Connect one or both of Prism Mobile’s Ethernet ports to an Ethernet switch or router.
- Press the menu button or navigation joystick to navigate to the Ethernet 1 or 2 screen and obtain the IP address.
- Enter the IP address in your web browser’s navigation bar to access the web UI.
Prism Mobile can be remotely accessed, configured, and controlled using Teradek’s Core Cloud management and routing service. With Core, you can:
• Bond multiple Internet connections, increasing your broadcast’s bandwidth and reliability.
• Remotely control Teradek encoders, decoders and bonded systems from anywhere in the world.
• Stream to multiple destinations.
Visit https://corecloud.tv to learn more.
1. From the web UI, select Cloud Services then click the Link this Device tab in the Core section.
2. Log in to Core: Enter your credentials to link Prism to your Core account, then click Next.
Link with Code: Copy the authorization code generated for your Prism, then follow the instructions provided.
3. Once a connection is established and your Prism Mobile is listed under Sources, you can connect Prism Mobile to a server using the Core dashboard.
1. From the Sources tab, select your Prism Mobile by clicking on the name of the device.
2. Click the Connect video to Core tab, then select Streaming Server (Helios). If you haven't configured a server to your Core account, review this tutorial for steps on how to launch a new server.
3. Select a server, then click Connect to a server.
4. Under Connected Stream in the Encoder Details, click + Link Destination to connect channels or decoders to stream to.
- Insert a SIM card (two per Node II) into one of the Prism Mobile SIM card slots. Additionally, you can connect an external modem to either Prism Mobile USB port (G) using a 5-pin to USB connector cable. The front panel will indicate that the SIM card and modem(s) have been detected and connected to the carrier.
- If the SIM card is not detected, connect your computer to Prism’s AP network (see Connect to a WiFi Network), then enter the default IP address 172.16.1.1 in the navigation bar to access the web UI and configure the internal modem from the Network menu.
1. Navigate to the Network menu and select the corresponding Modem.
2. Select the slot with the SIM you will be using (Slot 1 or Slot 2). NOTE: Most carriers' SIMs will auto-connect, requiring no additional configuration. Additional configuration is only required when you need to enter an APN, PIN, or authentication type.
Node II supports most provider's SIM cards and can operate on most LTE/4G/3G data bands. With dual SIM slots, you can swap from one provider to another without needing to unplug the Node II. Only one SIM card can be used at a time.
3. If using Telna SIM cards: Enter altanwifi (for Telna SIM cards intended for use in the United States) or internet (for Telna SIM cards intended for use in Europe) in the selected slot's APN field (Slot 1 or 2). Ensure that the Authentication method is set to Auto.
If using Teradek Data SIM cards: Click the Teradek Data checkbox, then select either Native or Multi-Carrier. For Multi-Carrier, select one of the available networks.
The Prism App allows you to remotely configure all of Prism Mobile’s settings while monitoring your stream’s destination, bitrate, bonding status, and resolution to ensure you maintain a stable stream. The Prism App is available for iOS devices.
• Main Screen - Displays the preview, streaming destination, audio and video bitrates, and resolution of your live stream.
• Link/Unlink iOS Device - Tap the Link/Unlink iOS tab to enable/disable the use of your cellular phone’s data as an Internet connection.
• Start Recording - Tap the Recording tab to enable/disable recording. NOTE: In the Settings menu, recording must be enabled and a media storage option must be selected.
Tap the Stats button at the top of the screen to display Prism’s serial number, current audio and video bitrates, runtime, recording status, IP address, and network.
Tap the Settings button to configure the following options:
• Streaming - Configure your streaming method and destination
• Recording - Enable recording and select a media storage option
• Input/Encoding - Adjust the Video, Audio and Overlay input settings
• Cloud Services -Select a Cloud service (Core, Frame.io, PIX, or Sony Ci) to log in to.
• Network - Choose a method of connecting to the Internet
• System - View your device's model and serial number, or rename the Prism.
Prism Mobile encoders support recording to an SD card or external USB hard drive. Each recording is saved with the same resolution and bitrate set in the Input / Encoding menu.
1. Insert a compatible SD card or drive into the corresponding slot.
2. Enter the Recording menu, and select Enabled.
3. Create a name for the recording, select a format, then enable Auto-Record (optional).
• Recordings are triggered manually or automatically. If Auto-Record is enabled in the Recording Settings, a new recording is automatically created when a broadcast starts.
• For best results, use Class 6 or higher SD cards.
• Media should be formatted using FAT32 or exFAT.
• If a broadcast is interrupted for connectivity reasons, recording will continue.
• New recordings are automatically started after the file size limit is reached.