TOF.1 is a compact, affordable, and lightweight distance measurement device that is designed to work with Teradek RT devices. TOF.1 can be plugged into an MDR.X unit, which communicates measured distance information to either a Teradek RT CTRL.1 or CTRL.3 controller. The distance information can also be displayed on a compatible SmallHD monitor via a serial connection.
- FIRMWARE UPGRADE: Click here to update your product to the latest firmware before use.
- PRODUCT REGISTRATION: Click here to register your eligible products and gain access to premium technical support.
- TERADEK RT APP: Click here (only available on iOS) to download the Teradek RT App.
- RT MANAGER DESKTOP APP: Click here (Windows/Mac OSX) to download the RT Manager Desktop App.
- 1x TOF.1 Rangefinder Module
- 1x 4-pin to 4-pin Teradek RT Motor Cable
- 1x Laser Pointer
- 1x Allen Key
1. Remove the battery cap using the included Allen key, then insert three batteries with the positive (+) side facing out.
2. Unscrew the two top hex screws to remove the NATO rail mounting hardware from the laser pointer (see image below).
3. Attach the mounting hardware to the top of the TOF.1 using the same hex screws (see image below).
4. Loosen the spring-loaded rail mount screw to attach the laser pointer to the mount, then tighten the rail mount screw (see image below).
5. Attach the TOF.1 Rangefinder to the appropriate rod or bracket.
The TOF.1 will power up when connected to an MDR.S or MDR.X receiver.
1. Connect power to the receiver’s PWR port.
2. Connect (daisy-chain) TOF.1 to one of the inputs on the connected motor using a 4-pin to 4-pin motor cable.
3. From the receiver, navigate to the RX CONFIG > RANGE FNDR menu, then select OFF. The rangefinder will begin communicating with the receiver.
4. If you haven’t done so already, pair your controller with the receiver. Ensure that both devices are on the same channel and using the same units of measurement.
5. On both the controller (CTRL.3 only) and receiver, navigate to the BUTTONS menu and assign the Display option (DISP) to one of the six buttons.
6. Return to the main screen and press the DISP button until the Rangefinder information is displayed on both devices.
NOTE: Before enabling the Auto-Focus feature, you must create a lens map for the lens you are currently using, then select it for use with your controller. Refer to your controller quick start guide for instructions on how to configure a lens map.
1. Point your camera and TOF.1 towards the measured distance you want in focus.
2. From the CTRL.3 controller, navigate to RANGE FNDR> AUTOFOCUS.
3. Select YES to enable Auto-focus. The motors will adjust the focus according to the measured distance.
- USER GUIDE: https://guide.teradek.com/m/103512
- ARTICLE: https://guide.teradek.com/a/1716654-tof-1-rangefinder
- FIRMWARE UPGRADE: https://teradek.com/pages/downloads#teradekrt