- Remove the battery plate from the back.
TX Module - Detach the cover plate from the back of the Bolt 4K Monitor Module to expose the JST connector.
RX Module - Remove the battery plate from the back of the Bolt 4K Monitor Module to expose the two top mounting holes.
NOTE: There is no need to disconnect the JST connector.
- Place the monitor module firmly against the back of the Smart 7 monitor. Ensure the two top mounting holes, connector pins, and micro USB align with their corresponding terminals.
- Insert two M3 socket-head screws through the two top mounting holes on the monitor module and into the back of the monitor (see image below). DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
TX Module - (OPTIONAL) Attach an L-series battery plate to the monitor module, then tighten the four
RX Module - Reattach the battery plate to the monitor module, then tighten the four Phillips screws.
- Insert, then tighten the 1/4”-20 hex screw to secure the monitor module assembly against the back of the monitor (see image below). DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
- Attach a compatible battery to the battery plate (optional for TX Module), or connect power to the module’s 6-18V DC input using the included A/C adapter.
NOTE: Ensure the A/C adapter is connected to the module and NOT the monitor.
- Attach antennas to the monitor module via the threaded RP-SMA connectors, then connect an HDMI cable from the module to the monitor.
- Turn the system on by pressing and holding down the monitor’s power button.
Power and Connect (Bolt 4K Monitor Module)