Node II is a small yet effective cellular modem solution that allows video professionals to broadcast over 3G and 4G LTE networks. Node’s rugged aluminum chassis and professional locking 5-pin connector ensure it can be operated under rigorous conditions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1x Node II Module assembly
1x 3G/4G Long Multi-band SMA antenna
1x Penta Straight Short Multi-band SMA antenna
1x 5-pin to USB Type A connector cable or 5-pin to USB-C connector cable - 12in
1x Teradek SIM Card - North America
ASSEMBLY AND POWER
Node II powers up and connects to the cellular network automatically when connected to a Teradek device.
1. Attach an antenna (either compact or high gain) to Node II’s SMA connector (A).
2. Detach the SIM cover plate and insert a SIM card into one or both slots (E). Reattach the cover plate and
screw when you’re done.
3. Connect Node to a Teradek device using the included 5-pin to 5-pin/USB connector cable.
5. From your Teradek device’s web page, navigate to the Network menu and select the corresponding USB (Node II) modem. Ensure that all the fields (Manufacturer, Model, Carrier, etc.) are populated (see image).
NOTE: If you are connecting your Node II to a Cube/Bond 600 or 700, make sure you’re using firmware version 8.2.19 or later.
NOTE: Node II supports most provider's SIM card and can operate on most LTE/4G/3G data bands. With dual SIM slots, you can swap from one provider to another without needing to unplug the Node II. Only one SIM card can be used at a time.
TELNA SIM CARDS
Nodes devices are compatible with Telna SIM cards. Telna SIM cards provide high-speed, multi-carrier 4G LTE coverage with simple pay-as-you-go pricing and automatic network switching so you always have the best connection at any location.
1. Remove the SIM cover plate and insert a Telna SIM card into one or both slots. Reattach the cover plate and screw.
2. From your Teradek device’s web page, navigate to the Network menu and select the corresponding USB (Node II) modem. Click the Modify button.
3. Select the slot with the SIM you will be using (Slot 1 or Slot 2).
4. Open the APN Settings, then enter altanwifi for either North America or Europe Telna SIM cards into the selected slot's APN field (Slot 1 or 2).
5. Open the Authentication Settings and ensure that both Configuration mode and Authentication method are set to Auto.
- SUPPORT ARTICLES: https://support.teradek.com