The Decoder Settings panel allows you to configure your Decoder to receive streams from the Encoder. Before using the Decoder, ensure that the Encoder is on the same network, or accessible via your web browser (web UI).
- Audio: Enable or Disable audio
- Audio Channels: Select a 2-channel or 8-channel output. 2-channel output supports Mono and Stereo, while 8-channel supports all other formats such as Surround, 2.1 to 7.1, and 4.0 to 7.0.
- Output Resolution: Select an output resolution (Auto, 720p, 1080p, or 4K)
Output Framerate: There are two Framerate modes; Auto and Maximal.
- Auto: Matches the decoder framerate to the exact figure or a fraction of the output frame rate.
- Maximal: Increases the framerate to 50 or 60 fps based on input in order to minimize latency.
Latency/Sync: Select a level of frame latency
- Best AV sync
- SDI SMPTE Level: Level-A, Level-B
Stream Settings -
- Decryption Passphrase: Set a passphrase to access or receive stream (must match Encoder's Encryption Passphrase).
Mode: When Client Mode (Caller) is enabled, ART 2U pulls video from a single destination IP address on a specific port. When Server Mode (Listener)is enabled, ART 2U initiates a connection and pulls the stream from it.
- Server IP (Client Mode only): Enter the encoder's hostname, IP address, or Helios ART Cloud server.
- Server Port: Enter the specific port the decoder will be pulling the stream from.
Listening Port (Client Mode only): Set this port to 0 to let the Decoder auto-select a listening port. If the Encoder is also set to Client Mode (Rendezvous configuration), then set this port to a non-zero value and set the Host Port on the Encoder to match this port setting.
- Multicast: Enable or Disable multicast streaming (Server sends a signal to multiple endpoints instead of just one). Client Mode must be enabled.
- Jitter Buffer: Add a jitter buffer delay between 0 to 400ms above the minimal possible delay.