SDI EYE PATTERN (RANGER MKII TX ONLY)
The SDI Eye Pattern provides a graphical display of the SDI signal coming from the camera to the transmitter, and is useful in determining the amount of interference present, or if the SDI cable is damaged. The size of the "eye" displayed on the front panel indicates the quality of the SDI signal. The bigger the size of the eye pattern is, the better the SDI signal.
SIGNAL QUALITY GRAPH (RX ONLY)
The Signal Quality Graph indicates the quality and reliability of the signal being received according to the amount of interference that is present between the RX and TX. When enabled, the graph will be displayed on the right lower corner of your monitor. Signal Quality is represented in percentages:
- Figures below 30% indicate poor signal quality
- Figures between 30% and 45% indicate fair signal quality
- Figures above 45% indicate good signal quality
SPECTRUM ANALYZER (RX ONLY)
The built-in Spectrum Analyzer visually indicates channel noise and saturation across the entire available frequency range. Move the Menu joystick left and right to select a frequency.
Frequencies are represented by bars; the higher the bar, the more congested that frequency is. Bars without a dot (1) indicate the frequency is not as saturated and can be used. Bars with a dot (2) indicate the frequency is too saturated to connect to. Faded bars (3) represent a frequency that is unavailable for use due to restrictions in particular regions.
The Test Pattern menu allows you to select a video resolution format to output a test pattern over HDMI or SDI.
Resolutions List- Select a specific output resolution:
- 4K - 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60
- 1080p - 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60
- 1080psf - 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
- 1080i - 50/59.94/60
- 720p - 50/59.94/60
- 480p - 59.94/576p - 50 (via HDMI ports only)
- 480i (NTSC)
- 576i (PAL)
ANTENNA TEST (RX ONLY)
The Antenna Test option allows you to evaluate the performance and ability of the Ranger's antennas to receive and transmit signals efficiently. Before beginning the Antenna Test, ensure that there is a good link between the RX and TX and that all the antennas are attached correctly.
Perform Antenna Test
- Attach antennas to both the TX and RX. Ensure that the antennas are tightened and secured to the device.
- Ensure that the TX and RX are paired. If not, visit the Pairing section for instructions on pairing your devices.
- Place the TX and RX at least 5 feet apart from each other.
- Power on both units and allow them to link. The OLED will display one of the following messages:
- NO VIDEO - No video source is connected.
- SENDING VIDEO/RECEIVING VIDEO - A video source is connected.
- From the RX front panel main menu, navigate to TOOLS>Antenna Test, then select NEXT. The Front panel will display TEST IN PROGRESS until the test is complete.
- If the antenna test is passed, the OLED will display TEST PASSED. If the antenna test fails, the antenna table display will indicate which antenna(s) has failed.