Hyperion is suitable for management and re-streaming of Teradek encoders, decoders and mobile applications. A Cloud Hyperion Streaming Server offers you a lot more than streaming via On-demand one:
Up to 5 Teradek sources such as encoders, decoders and Airmix app inbound streams;
- Enables remote configuration for Teradek encoders and decoders;
- Supports the following stream modes: MPEG-TS, SRT, RTSP, HLS, and RTMP/S (including Youtube, Facebook, Twitch, Vimeo, IBM Video Streaming, LinkedIn, Wowza, Livestream, EasyLive.io)
NOTE: HLS and RTMP/S requires the output stream be H.264
- Restreaming H.264/H.265 video with AAC audio at any resolution and bitrate;
- Web browser streaming (H.264 only);NOTE: If the input stream is H.265 and you require web browser playback support, then you will need to select for a server upgrade
- Cloud recording and file downloading;
- CoreTV streaming with voice and text chat collaboration;
- Supports Teradek apps (Click here for more info);
- Multi-destination streaming.
What are the main differences between Transcoder and Generic Hyperion?
Transcoder is having all of the advantages described above BUT:
- ̶U̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶5̶ ̶T̶e̶r̶a̶d̶e̶k̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶o̶d̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶o̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶i̶r̶m̶i̶x̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶b̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶e̶a̶m̶s̶;̶
Accepts only 1 Teradek encoder;
- Transcodes HEVC to h.264